There are three basic components to effective transition: How you move well, how you see well and how you communicate well.
In the video below University of Washington head coach Keegan Cook demonstrates his 3 Ball Game designed to enhance your understanding of the transition game and to improve your offense’s success during rally play.
Coach Cook has had a successful career as evident by the following:
- 2x Pac-12 Champions (2015 & 2016);
- 2x NCAA Elite Eight appearances (2015 & 2016);
- 2018 U.S. Junior Women’s National Team Head Coach;
- 2016 U.S. Collegiate Women’s National Team Head Coach
The 3 Ball Game is just taken from his instructional DVD in which he teaches:
- Teach your players the fundamentals needed to transition off the net to attack
- Implement an emphasis on footwork into your team drills for smoother play with fewer errors
- Train your athletes to make the most of out-of-system play scenarios