There are three basic components to effective transition: How you move well, how you see well and how you communicate well.
In the video below University of Washington head coach Keegan Cook demonstrates his 3 Ball Game designed to enhance your understanding of the transition game and to improve your offense’s success during rally play.
Coach Cook has had a successful career as evident by the following:
- 2x Pac-12 Champions (2015 & 2016);
- 2x NCAA Elite Eight appearances (2015 & 2016);
- 2018 U.S. Junior Women’s National Team Head Coach;
- 2016 U.S. Collegiate Women’s National Team Head Coach
The 3 Ball Game is just taken from his instructional DVD in which he teaches:
- Teach your players the fundamentals needed to transition off the net to attack
- Implement an emphasis on footwork into your team drills for smoother play with fewer errors
- Train your athletes to make the most of out-of-system play scenarios
For more information about that DVD click the link Designing Your Transition Offense
The YouTube video below has audio so please make sure that your speakers are on and that you have access to the site. Note that some schools may block access to YouTube.
Click the arrow to play the video.